posted Apr 18, 2010, 6:53 PM by Assumption Church
updated Apr 18, 2010, 7:20 PM
Legionaries from St. Joseph parish gave their annual report on Our Lady of Carmel praesidium at our April meeting. This hard-working praesidium, with 9 active members and 56 auxiliary members, is directed by Deacon McBride and Father Joe McMahon.
Here's a glimpse of their Legion works from 2010:
- Visitations to 6 nursing homes, 2 hospitals, 2 assisted living centers, and Alive Hospice
- Ash Wednesday and Good Friday services held at nursing homes
- 40 Days for Life, 40 Days of Adoration for Life, Rally for Life, in addition to weekly prayer at abortion center
- Why Catholic? adult faith formation class conducted
- Information table about the Legion set up each May and October
- Sacred Heart Enthronements when requested
- Prayer at wakes, funerals, and follow-up visits with family
- Sacramentals provided to each newly baptized baby
- Copies of the Catechism provided to each RCIA participant
- Participation in the Divine Mercy Sunday
- Junior Praesidium at St. Joseph School
It is so inspiring to see what one dedicated praesidium can accomplish in a year!